Do you like chocolate?
Some time ago I shared on my facebook page Natural, Orgánica y Latina a series of images that I made to celebrate the “International Chocolate Day“.
Today I want to share with you these 10 sweet benefits of chocolate.
10 Healthy Benefits Of Chocolate
- Increased health – lowers blood pressure, lowers bad cholesterol and help prevent heart disease.
- Protects your skin – Forget everything you've heard of chocolate, in fact, chocolate is good for your skin. The type of antioxidant that is in chocolate called flavonoids provides some protection against ultraviolet (UV). That does not mean you should not use sunscreen.
- Improves vision – By the ability to improve blood flow to the brain specifically, studies have determined that it is likely to increase circulation to the retina, thereby improving vision.
- Improves blood flow – Cocoa has anti-coagulation, anti-coagulants work in a similar way to aspirin properties agents writes Dr. Fitzgerald, which can improve blood flow and circulation.
- It can help fight diabetes – Study in Italy in 2005 found that eating chocolate regularly increases sensitivity to insulin, this means reducing the risk of diabetes.
- It can relieve cough – Do not stop coughing? An ingredient in chocolate called theobromine seems to reduce the activity of the vagus nerve, the part of the brain that triggers coughing that difficult to remove.
- It can make you smarter – This increased blood flow to the brain created by cocoa flavonoids, makes people more awake and alert, achieving better performance in tasks that involve counting or math.
- Reduces the risk of stroke – Recent studies have shown that women who consume more than 45 grams of chocolate a week have 20% less chance of stroke or stroke than those who consumed less than 9 grams a week.
- Satisfies your hunger – Because it is rich in fiber, dark chocolate can keep you satisfied, therefore: eat less.
- It puts you in a good mood – we can not deny that we need to sweeten life! And a sweet little sin like chocolate like him occasionally. Enjoying food is to enjoy life!
So now you know, chocolate is very beneficial to our health but you have to eat in moderation.
Tell me, what other benefits of chocolate do you know? Why should we consume it?