I've lived in America for many years, and I love (yet surprisingly) how a regional party in Mexico, has crossed borders and reached all parts of the world.
The “5 de Mayo” (May 5th) celebration commemorates the Battle of Puebla, and America is a proud flag for Mexican migrants. So today I want to give them a delicious, natural and light recipe to celebrate.
Margaritas to have a great time this 5 de Mayo
This skinny margaritas recipe is a variation to the cocktail we normally know. I hope you enjoy it!
- ¼ cup of tequila (tequila preferably silver or white)
- 1 ½ ounce of lemon juice
- 1 ounce of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of agave nectar
- 1 piece of lemon for garnish
Let's make Margaritas!
- Place salt in a small dish (a little bigger than your glass). Slide a piece of lemon on the rim of the glass and then dip it in the salt to stick.
- In a shaker with ice mixes tequila, lemon juice and orange with agave nectar. Mix in a shaker for 30 seconds, and serves the mixture into your glass.
This delicious drink has about 190 calories, 12 grams of carbohydrates of which 9gr are sugar. Enjoy!