So why do we need to talk about baking soda or anything that has to do with it? Baking soda, aka sodium bicarbonate, usually we forget that is more than just a simple “kitchen” product. Let's see what other uses we can give to our baking soda.
5 Fantastic uses for baking soda
- Deodorize Shoes: Keep odors from spreading in smelly shoes by shaking baking soda into them when not in use. Shake out before wearing.
- Freshen Linens: Add 1/2 cup of baking soda to the rinse cycle for fresher sheets and towels.
- Deodorize Your Wash: Gym clothes of other odoriferous clothing can be neutralized with a 1/2 cup of baking soda in the rinse cycle.
- Freshen Stuffed Animals: Keep favorite cuddly toys fresh with a dry shower of baking soda. Sprinkle baking soda on and let it sit for 15 minutes before brushing off.
- Camping Cure-all: Baking soda is a must-have for your next camping trip. Its a dish washer, pot scrubber, hand cleanser, deodorant, toothpaste, fire extinguisher and many other uses.