If I have learned something as a woman, it is that we can’t play with our hormones. A good hormonal health is vital for many functions of our body. Learn to regulate your thyroid with these foods that you can find in your kitchen.
First of all … What is the thyroid?
The thyroid is a gland located near the neck and influences a wide variety of functions of our body, especially in women. Often people with thyroid problems undergoes changes weight because it controls the metabolic function of our body.
If you suffer from hyperthyroidism
Hyperthyroidism is the increase in the normal production of hormones that should provide the thyroid. In these cases, people with hyperthyroidism lose weight and lose muscle mass quickly, so we need highly nutritious foods and give us energy.
- Dairy: you should eat foods such as cheese, yogurt and milk. These foods are very easy to add as ingredients to any preparation.
- Protein: Make sure meat, poultry and egg. The prepare forms are endless, give free rein to your imagination to find the one you like.
Oils and fats: you can be found in foods like mayonnaise, olive oil, butter, cream and avocado.
- Nuts: Eat a handful or add them to desserts and salads.
- Sugar, bread, biscuits and honey: wheat bread will be your best friend for breakfast and snacks. Remember consume sugar and honey in moderation to avoid future problems.
If you suffer from hypothyroidism
In this case, the thyroid gland produces less hormones than it should, so it is common to feel tired, fatigue, hair loss, weakness and the most visible is overweight.
The diet of people suffering from hypothyroidism is tougher but no less delicious. There are many ways to eat healthy foods (there are many recipes in my page!).
- Lean meats: Lean meats are easy to prepare, delicious, healthy and rich in fiber. White, chicken, beef, eggs, fish, among others.
- Skim milk: all dairy should be skimmed and low-fat.
- Honey: replace sugar with honey and natural stevia.
- Fruits and vegetables: especially raw, are great to soothe your appetite.
- Cereals and legumes.
- Olive oil: remember to consume in small quantities.
- Water and lemon: Prepare your drinks without sugar, and if you get bored water add a few slices of lemon.
It is important not to skip meals and do physical activity.