Summer is here, and with it delicious recipes that make us take advantage of the color that brings the season. The markets are full of fresh and colorful vegetables that give a delicious tasty tone to our meals. Today I want to share with you a summer risotto recipe.
For this recipe I was inspired by the delicious flavors of leek, onion and squash to make a delicious and creamy summer risotto. Pair it with a glass of red wine, or with a delicious fruit water (Click here for fruit water recipes)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh leek stalk finely chopped
- ¼ cup of white wine
- 4 or 5 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of arborio rice
- Half yellow squash
- ½ cup of peas
- ¼ cup of fresh basil (julienne)
- 1 tablespoon of vegan margarine
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Wash the squash and cut pieces about 3cm thick. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan place the olive oil and saute the onion, garlic and leek for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes until crisp.
- Add the wine and stir until absorbed. With a ladle add the broth to the rice, stirring frequently to the same side to prevent the mixture from sticking, always with medium heat. Wait until the broth is completely absorbed before adding more.
- After 15 minutes of cooking (adding broth) Add the squash and peas.Continue stirring and adding broth until the vegetables are tender and rice is al dente. It should look like a creamy mixture. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add fresh basil, organic margarine and stir. Season with pepper and salt, served and ready.
NOTE: You can add some lemon zest for a more colorful touch. You'll love this risotto.
Enjoy this creamy, colorful and delicious summer recipe. The risotto is a delicious way to eat vegetarian, and also economic food.