In organic rice cereal for babies, rice cereals for breakfast, whole rice, white rice; the Consumer Reports have found new evidence that all of these types of rice products that are on the shelves in the supermarket contain arsenic and in many of these products the arsenic level is too high and worrying.
- White rice grown in Arkansas, Missouri and Texas represents the 76% of domestic rice in general and contained the highest level of arsenic and inorganic arsenic than rice from other states.
- In each brand of rice that we evaluated, the average of arsenic and inorganic arsenic was higher in whole rice than white rice.
- People who ate rice had arsenic levels 44% higher than those who didn’t, according to analysis of federal health data. Some ethnics groups were seriously affected, including Mexicans, Hispanics and another categories that included Asians.
- It is feasible to reduce arsenic in food. We examined the efforts of two food companies that are trying to control the problem and found out about the methods that are being used to try to reduce arsenic in their products.
Conclusion: whole rice, whole rice, whole rice!
Grains that we can eat instead of rice:
Barley, Rye, Oat, Chickpea, Peas.
Tired of trying to lose belly fat? Did you know that choosing the right foods can help you lose stomach fat? Eat less calories it’s important, but eating the right foods will certainly get you closer to your goals.
Here are 7 foods that you should include in your diet if you’re really serious about losing belly fat:
There is wisdom to the saying, an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
In a Brazilian weight study, subjects who ate three apples a day while dieting lost more weight than those who didn’t.
This fruit contains pectin, a compound that is known to inhibit colon cancer.
Apples are packed with nutrients and are a rich source of vitamin C, beta-carotene, dietary fiber, phytosterol, flavonoids, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
2 Olive Oil
Everyone needs a little fat — it controls hunger. Go for monounsaturated fats like olive or canola oil. They will help keep your cholesterol under control and satisfy cravings. Watch out: Steer clear of hydrogenated vegetable oils; they’re loaded with unhealthy trans fat.
This fruit has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It contains the amino acid lecithin – which helps in preventing liver overload – and aids the memory and helps balance weight. In one study, it was discovered that people who ate a considerable amount of avocados showed clear improvement in health. It balances cholesterol levels and prevents heart attacks and strokes.
4 Whole Grains
The right kinds of carbs are actually good for you. Choose whole grains — their fiber keeps you from getting hungry. Watch out: Sometimes bread labeled “wheat” has been stripped of all of its fiber and nutrients. Look for “whole grain” or “100 percent whole wheat.”
Berries stuff a lot of filling fiber into a tiny package: Just one cup of raspberries has six grams. Watch out: Jelly is the junk food of the fruit world. It has almost no fiber and contains added sugar.
They are made of resistant starch that slows down the digestion quite considerably. Slow digestion will require more effort in burning calories and hence belly fat is sure to get reduced.
7 Fishes and Turkeys
Protein requires a lot of body energy for digestion and hence including protein-rich food in the regular diet is essential to tax the body for burning belly fat. These are storehouse of essential fatty acids that are linked to slow digestion.
According to Dr. Eaton, our genes are responsible in order to determine our nutritional needs. Now, our genes are identical to our prehistoric ancestors’ genes, except for a 0.02%. With that being said, our ancestors’ diet would perfectly suit to us today.
The essentials on the Paleolithic Diet.
Eat none of the following:
- Cereals, including bread, pastas and noodles.
- Legumes, including kidney beans, lentils, peanuts and peas.
- Dairy products
Eat the following
- Lean meat
- Dry fuits, but not peanuts or cashew.
- Berries: strawberries, cranberries, raspberries, etc.
Try to increase your intake of
- Root vegetables: carrots, turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, radishes, beet, etc.
- Organs like: liver, kidney (even though I know that a lot of people consider it disgusting and won’t eat it).
Stone age food piramid:
One great thing about yogurt is that it can be a part of an appetizer, main course, and dessert. Here are some delicious new ways to enjoy yogurt:
1 Raspberry Swirl Frozen Yogurt
- plain whole or reduced-fat (2%) Greek yogur
2 Cucumber-Walnut Raita
- extra-virgin olive oil
- cumin seeds
- garlic clove
- fresh lemon juice
- plain reduced-fat (2%) Greek yogurt
- kosher salt
- black pepper