In organic rice cereal for babies, rice cereals for breakfast, whole rice, white rice; the Consumer Reports have found new evidence that all of these types of rice products that are on the shelves in the supermarket contain arsenic and in many of these products the arsenic level is too high and worrying.
- White rice grown in Arkansas, Missouri and Texas represents the 76% of domestic rice in general and contained the highest level of arsenic and inorganic arsenic than rice from other states.
- In each brand of rice that we evaluated, the average of arsenic and inorganic arsenic was higher in whole rice than white rice.
- People who ate rice had arsenic levels 44% higher than those who didn’t, according to analysis of federal health data. Some ethnics groups were seriously affected, including Mexicans, Hispanics and another categories that included Asians.
- It is feasible to reduce arsenic in food. We examined the efforts of two food companies that are trying to control the problem and found out about the methods that are being used to try to reduce arsenic in their products.
Conclusion: whole rice, whole rice, whole rice!
Grains that we can eat instead of rice:
Barley, Rye, Oat, Chickpea, Peas.
Does it hurt when you pass your tongue several times for the same spot on the inside of your lips? Does it feel like a blister?
Canker sores are not contagious and appear like a unique ulcer, pale or yellowish or with a surrounding reddish ring.
Canker sores can caused by:
2. A decline in the immune system
3. Lack of some vitamins and minerals in your food, such as B12 vitamin..
4. Hormonal changes
What can we do to naturally cure it?
A. Avoid beverages that are too hot, if you have them, just don’t drink anything hot.
B. Gargle with salt, water and baking soda.
C. Rub canker with a tea bag or just drink some chamomile tea
E. Crush 2 cloves of garlic and then mix 1 teaspoon of salt. Apply on the sores for two minutes and after doing that rinse your mouth for about half an hour with water.
F. Using an antibacterial mouthwash may help reduce the irritation
G. Avoid tobacco, chewing gum and breath mints.
H. Be careful with spicy foods, try giving your mouth a little break of this kind of food.
Canker sores normally are totally healed within a week or two, I hope that you follow these instructions and get better sooner than that.
Does your microwave smell funny?
Looking to eliminate the bad smell on your microwave, even to freshen up the inside of it when something with a strong smell has been cooked?
Follow this effective advice:
Fill a glass or small jar with water and piece of lemon, until it’s half-filled, leave the shell, don’t peel the lemon, boil this mix at the highest power during 2 or 3 minutes – or more if it’s too dirty.
The vapor gets on the inside and softens everything that was stuck to the microwave’s insides. Proceed to clean with a dry sponge.
Your microwave will be like brand new after this, and get a nice smell.
If you want to change its new aroma, instead of boiling a piece of lemon, use cloves, bay leaves, apple vinegar from cider diluted in water
On mondays I usually start with detox. But today I want to start this week with another kind of detox: Emotional. Do you spend the weekend having fun, enjoying great times and now that monday is here you become a monster? sort of like an ogre? Well, let me tell you that anger and stress have some terrible effects in our health. Yes, I know, driving around through the city gives you stress and you end up your day all angry and stressed out.
We have to change our attitude and try not to focus too much on what’s bad outside and try to enjoy this week. I want to give you some reasons not to stress out, consider that it has serious effects on our health, after all, it’s monday! Don’t stress out
1. Basil: Take some fresh basil leaves and boil them in water, similar to how you would prepare tea. There’s no need for sugar as it has a pleasant taste
2. Rooibos: It’s a great help when treating allergies and it doesn’t contain caffeine either. It really works as a soft and natural antihistamine, best of all, doesn’t cause drowsiness.
3. Make your own saline solution: There’s nothing worst than those medicines that when you put them on your nose and sniff them it feels like they open a huge hole because of how strong they are. Put half teaspoon of salt in 250ml of warm water. With a syringe apply the solution in the nose. By irrigating your nose with this saline solution you relieve your allergies as it eliminates anything that gets stuck on your nasals that causes irritation and inflamation.
In fact, saline solutions can even clean some inflamatory cells.