I used to do facial masks and exfoliate my sking a lot, but then I understood that my skin reacts better when its hydrated and even the expression lines are less noticeable.
Give your skin some love with this homemade facial mask.
This is one of the best hydrating home masks you can make yourself:
- Some drops of Olive Oil
Simply peel the plantain and smash it well, then slice the avocado in a half and remove the seed, extract the food and mix it with the plantain, make sure to mix it well so you can get a smooth, homogeneous and creamy. If needed, then add a few drops of olive oil so it gets the desired consistency.
Then, is just a matter of applying it over your skin and let it work for about 15 to 20 minutes, remove it with an absorbent paper towel and rinse it well with water.
You can do this once a week if you have very dry skin.
I found a very nice infographic that describes how acne affects people and how sometimes we make it worse.
Don’t forget to visit me on facebook for more tips about skin care, natural beauty, home remedies and more!
Some of the benefits of Microdermabrasion are:
1- Blackheads and whiteheads are softened, so it’s are easy to remove them.
2- Acne scars and others are less visible.
3- Enlarged pores and fine lines are less prominent.
4- The blood with its nutrients and oxygen flows to the surface of the skin to repair tissues faster.
And to all my readers I want to reward you! - Everybody has the chance to win this super kit that includes:
- 12 Rejuvenating Puffs + 2 months supply Puffs Refill
- Attachment Head, 2 AA batteries
- Microdermabrasion Applicator
And I also want to give you an oil free cream from Neutrogena so you can use it!
Don’t miss this chance to win!
Is it really necessary to shower several times a day, and are all the products we use necessary?
Humans have adopted the habit of bathing frecuently (some everyday and others not so often). This has favored the industry dedicated to personal care and grooming and today is very common to see that media channels launch campaigns like “new and improved products and tools for our personal cleaning”. The use of this products has lead us to spend each day more time in taking a bath or in the bathtub.
According to the dermatologist I cite in this article, spending too much time bathing has more disadvantages than advantages.
1. The frequent cleaning of the skin, destroys the protective barriers such as the protective acid mantle, hydrolipidic and corneum, which breaks some people’s myth believing that the cleanest you are, the most protected you are against bacteria, viruses, fungi and other microorganisms that attack the skin, but what really happens is the opposite.
3. Showers should last just a few mintues and not more than twice a day: Take a first “main shower” and then a secondary one later on. The main shower should be in the afternoon or evening because we’ve been active all day and we need to have our body clean before bed. The second bath should be in the morning and it should be a quick one because we have less time and because we come from a clean area which is our bedroom.
After fashion week ended last week I had the difficult task of select what I liked the most, there were so many good shows!, so I followed the trends that were stronger and more interesting, and also that were more wearable.
The colors were predominantly citric, lots of oranges, lemons berries and the shapes were mostly architectural, minimalist, graphic and a the 90’s atmosphere is still going strong in the edgy inspirations we saw in the runways.
- Zero Maria Cornejo had one of the best collections, modern, fresh, edgy and the colors were strong and flattering for all skin tones, feminine but playful too.
- Narciso Rodrguez had one of the most architectural shows, simple lines, straight shapes, beautiful fabrics and sobriety and elegance. I want!
- Calvin Klein had a very Art Deco show, geometric shapes, beautiful silks and leather, mostly creams and black, sophisticated
- Alexander Wang’s show was more futuristic, geometric pieces united only by very thin strings, sexy and flattering. His accessories were important individually and a must have if you want to look different and refined.
Now get inspired, start looking for pieces that can fit those styles and look beautiful next Summer!
This entry is a collaboration of:
Studied Graphic Design in Valencia, Venezuela and Buenos Aires, Argentina, Photography, Script Writing and Film Critique in Buenos AIres, Argentina. Worked in Buenos Aires, Houston, Miami and NYC.
One of her first tantrums, aged 5, was about wearing a flower dress or an velvet longer dress with patent leather boots, she wanted the boot combination, her mom, the flower dress…