Tag Archives: beauty tips
I used to do facial masks and exfoliate my sking a lot, but then I understood that my skin reacts better when its hydrated and even the expression lines are less noticeable.
Give your skin some love with this homemade facial mask.
This is one of the best hydrating home masks you can make yourself:
- Some drops of Olive Oil
Simply peel the plantain and smash it well, then slice the avocado in a half and remove the seed, extract the food and mix it with the plantain, make sure to mix it well so you can get a smooth, homogeneous and creamy. If needed, then add a few drops of olive oil so it gets the desired consistency.
Then, is just a matter of applying it over your skin and let it work for about 15 to 20 minutes, remove it with an absorbent paper towel and rinse it well with water.
You can do this once a week if you have very dry skin.
I found a very nice infographic that describes how acne affects people and how sometimes we make it worse.
Don’t forget to visit me on facebook for more tips about skin care, natural beauty, home remedies and more!
Is it really necessary to shower several times a day, and are all the products we use necessary?
Humans have adopted the habit of bathing frecuently (some everyday and others not so often). This has favored the industry dedicated to personal care and grooming and today is very common to see that media channels launch campaigns like “new and improved products and tools for our personal cleaning”. The use of this products has lead us to spend each day more time in taking a bath or in the bathtub.
According to the dermatologist I cite in this article, spending too much time bathing has more disadvantages than advantages.
1. The frequent cleaning of the skin, destroys the protective barriers such as the protective acid mantle, hydrolipidic and corneum, which breaks some people’s myth believing that the cleanest you are, the most protected you are against bacteria, viruses, fungi and other microorganisms that attack the skin, but what really happens is the opposite.
3. Showers should last just a few mintues and not more than twice a day: Take a first “main shower” and then a secondary one later on. The main shower should be in the afternoon or evening because we’ve been active all day and we need to have our body clean before bed. The second bath should be in the morning and it should be a quick one because we have less time and because we come from a clean area which is our bedroom.
Blackheads on your nose are a pain. If you look at someone’s nose and see them, this means that they haven’t done a deep clean in a while. -No more pain when getting them out!
Here are some home remedies to clean blackheads for good:
1. Chamomile or Rosemary steams: First thing we want to do to get rid of blackheads is to boil some chamomile or rosemary. Receive this steam for about 5 minutes and then to close the pores freshen up your face using cold water.
2. Pineapple mask.
- A spoon of natural pineapple juice.
- A spoon of honey.
Preparing this mask is so simple, all you have to do is mix the pineapple juice with the honey until they are completely merged.
Apply on your face using cotton or a brush, enphatize in the area where you have more blackheads and your pores are open. Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse it off with warm water. Stop trying to squeeze them out of your face, if you do it, you’ll leave marks and it will get worse. Pineapple will be removing blackheads little by little.
Do this once every two weeks, if your face is full of blackheads then you can do it once a week.
Swollen eyes. Eye bags make you look tired, exhausted and add a couple of years to your look. I will dedicate this post to all those mothers who always have to get up early, do house chores, and have office work to do.
- Metal spoon: take 3 metal spoons, and place them in a glass filled with water and ice. If they are silver spoon, it´s even better, since silver gets colder faster. However, you should be able to use metal spoons too. Let the spoons absorb the cold, and once they are at a temperature you feel you can bear, place them on your eyes.
- Cucumber: cucumber slices are not myths. The cucumber is perfect for your tired eyes. The slices you place on your eyes needs to be replaced every 10 minutes.
- Facial massage: you can do a facial massage using your fingers. Sometimes we retain water, and that makes our eye bags look bigger. Facial massages activate our blood circulation, which helps for a better irrigation and oxygenation.
- Lower your salt levels: if you eat too much salt, you will retain water. Try to eat less salt for a week, and you will see the changes in your eyes.
- Make up: I know that some women are always trying to look like porcelain dolls. But you need to choose a moisturizing make up. Try also not using concealers, since they do tend to have a drying effect in that area.