Tag Archives: bowel evacuation
The feces contain the material remaining after the digestive system absorbs nutrients and fluids from what you eat and drink. If the body does not absorb liquids, or if your digestive system produces extra fluids, stools will be loose and fluid. Loose stools contain more water, salts and minerals and are heavier than solid feces.
The short-term diarrhea is called acute diarrhea. Acute diarrhea is a common problem and usually lasts 1 to 2 days but may last longer. Diarrhea that lasts at least 4 weeks is called chronic diarrhea. The symptoms of chronic diarrhea may be continuous or may come and go. (http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/)
Tea to relieve symptoms of diarrhea:
1. Black tea with sugar: not only keep the body hydrated, but also contains tannins that reduce intestinal inflammation.
2. Mint tea: good for an astringent effect.
3. Fennel tea: to soothe and heal the digestive system.
4. Tea of dried blueberries: In a cup of boiling water put one teaspoon of dried blueberries and drink the infusion.
5. Cinnamon tea: Drink a cup of cinnamon tea as needed. In a cup of boiling water add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Let stand for 15 minutes and strain.
6. Orange peel tea: Peel and cut 1 organic orange peels into small pieces. Put in a pint of boiling water. Cover and chill. Sweeten with sugar or honey and drink.