Tag Archives: hair care
Our hair, due to all the products we put to it, loses its radiance, strength and elasticity little by little, leaving a dry, opaque and frizzy hair and without volume at all. There are plenty of recipes you can do at home that will make our hair to recover its sparkle, volume and hydration.
What if I tell you that you can drink your beer and put it on your hair too?! I made a special shampoo for myself to enhance my hair’s radiance and volume.
Here are the ingredients:
1. Castile Soap: This can be Dr. Bronner’s lavender soap, that’s the one I like the most. If you can get it, buy the lavander one.
2. A bottle of lager beer: Pour the beer in a pot and boil it, let it cool down.
3. Add the beer to your castile soap and wash your hair focusing on the scalp, you can wash your hair daily with this shampoo.
3. Proceed to use hair conditioner with your daily rinse.
Does the hair Friz horrifies you? Me too, and if you live in damp weather, worse.
However, the stylists are wonderful salesmen when it comes to products that straighten your hair.
There are Japanese Straightening, Keratin, Chocolate and counting but I show you herea text that I took from the Cancer Association of America.
Although the formaldehyde exists naturally and is also widely used in many consumer products, this chemical is a known human carcinogen (cancer causing substance) and it can cause irritation and make the skin becomes sensitized.
In a beauty salon, the formaldehyde concentration rises when applying productscontaining it, but decreases rapidly at low concentrations.
Chemicals that can damage your skin, hair or eyes, especially if you are not careful or do not use them as directed.
To learn more about the risks in the short and long-termformaldehyde, visit www.cancer.gov (search term: formaldehyde)
So if you want to begin straightening yourself naturally at home.
Here are some tips:
Ingredients: You can get them at your beauty supply or any beauty supply store near you.
- 30 ml Olive Oil
- 1 bottle of ammonia free natural hair relaxer
- 1 ampoule of Cuticle Sealer
Wash your hair with shampoo. Mix in a bowl Olive Oil and Relaxer Cream.
Apply the mixture without touching the scalp, towel-dried hair but moist.
Comb your hair with a fine comb and let stand 15 to 20 min in the hair. Rinse with warm water.
Apply the sealing ampoule. Dry your hair naturally so the sealant stays in the hair. Wash your hair the next day.
How many things we do to our hair without taking into account that it’s part of us? Dyes, washed, ponytails, headbands, hair extensions, chemical products, plates, markers, stress, it’s a miracle that we still have it!
I recommend you put these tips into practice daily.
- Wash your hair with warm water, not too cold or too hot.
- Beware of hair tails: also called, rubber hair bands. There are many on the market, and I’ve tried all, and concluded that the more you hold, is worse for your hair. Opt for cloth or for bands for fine hair.
- Natural dyes: there are already on the market some of Henna and others that do not contain ammonia. I use a demi permanent. If you have gray hair you can ask your stylist what is best for you.
- Take your time: no hair washed in a hurry. You must let the shampoo make its effect and then rinse thoroughly, leaving no residue, since otherwise your hair will look dull and lackluster.
- Take vitamins that help: I recommend Biotin. I am also taking minerals. Because sometimes our diet is not rich in them, so I bought liquid mineral. I’m sure you will be able to find them in any supplement store.
And as we are with the themes of this season I thought that is the perfect time to exfoliate not just your skin but also your head. When you go to the supermarket purchase the ingredients and you can indulge yourself on this weekend. Our scalp also needs to get rid of those dead cells to make way for a renewal.
Exposure to environmental pollutants and overdoses of texturizers products and UV protective spray dry the scalp and accumulate in the hair.
How to do it?
- Beat your hair gently. Take a lock of hair of 3cm and, using a flat brush of those that are square and do the hair of the top up. This opens the cuticles slightly so that treatment can penetrate better.
- Apply an exfoliating treatment to the scalp and brush contrary to clockwise. You can make home-made with brown sugar and almond oil or olive. When working the left side, brush right; repeated in reverse.
- Brush the hair forward from the top of your head. Press the bristles against your scalp to help loosen dead skin cells. It also facilitates the absorption of treatment.
- Rinse well as you normally would.