Tag Archives: natural beauty
I used to do facial masks and exfoliate my sking a lot, but then I understood that my skin reacts better when its hydrated and even the expression lines are less noticeable.
Give your skin some love with this homemade facial mask.
This is one of the best hydrating home masks you can make yourself:
- Some drops of Olive Oil
Simply peel the plantain and smash it well, then slice the avocado in a half and remove the seed, extract the food and mix it with the plantain, make sure to mix it well so you can get a smooth, homogeneous and creamy. If needed, then add a few drops of olive oil so it gets the desired consistency.
Then, is just a matter of applying it over your skin and let it work for about 15 to 20 minutes, remove it with an absorbent paper towel and rinse it well with water.
You can do this once a week if you have very dry skin.
I found a very nice infographic that describes how acne affects people and how sometimes we make it worse.
Don’t forget to visit me on facebook for more tips about skin care, natural beauty, home remedies and more!
Blackheads on your nose are a pain. If you look at someone’s nose and see them, this means that they haven’t done a deep clean in a while. -No more pain when getting them out!
Here are some home remedies to clean blackheads for good:
1. Chamomile or Rosemary steams: First thing we want to do to get rid of blackheads is to boil some chamomile or rosemary. Receive this steam for about 5 minutes and then to close the pores freshen up your face using cold water.
2. Pineapple mask.
- A spoon of natural pineapple juice.
- A spoon of honey.
Preparing this mask is so simple, all you have to do is mix the pineapple juice with the honey until they are completely merged.
Apply on your face using cotton or a brush, enphatize in the area where you have more blackheads and your pores are open. Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse it off with warm water. Stop trying to squeeze them out of your face, if you do it, you’ll leave marks and it will get worse. Pineapple will be removing blackheads little by little.
Do this once every two weeks, if your face is full of blackheads then you can do it once a week.
Swollen eyes. Eye bags make you look tired, exhausted and add a couple of years to your look. I will dedicate this post to all those mothers who always have to get up early, do house chores, and have office work to do.
- Metal spoon: take 3 metal spoons, and place them in a glass filled with water and ice. If they are silver spoon, it´s even better, since silver gets colder faster. However, you should be able to use metal spoons too. Let the spoons absorb the cold, and once they are at a temperature you feel you can bear, place them on your eyes.
- Cucumber: cucumber slices are not myths. The cucumber is perfect for your tired eyes. The slices you place on your eyes needs to be replaced every 10 minutes.
- Facial massage: you can do a facial massage using your fingers. Sometimes we retain water, and that makes our eye bags look bigger. Facial massages activate our blood circulation, which helps for a better irrigation and oxygenation.
- Lower your salt levels: if you eat too much salt, you will retain water. Try to eat less salt for a week, and you will see the changes in your eyes.
- Make up: I know that some women are always trying to look like porcelain dolls. But you need to choose a moisturizing make up. Try also not using concealers, since they do tend to have a drying effect in that area.
Ok, you know it already, I die for shoes, I can actually watch them, turn them around, admire its design and manufacture without getting tired, I confess that I’ve even bought a few that are not my size just to to have them and see them and inspire me, and yes, shoes inspire me, move me, and I think that human beings are capable of creating great beauty too for designing these intricate objects called shoes … LOVE …
I think they are so important in a wardrobe that if you wear something very simple and flat, it’s enough that you put some special shoes to lift the whole look.
Have you ever looked at a pair of high heel boots tailored and made from nappa leather with emotion (Sorry vegans, although I am now looking for some eco-friendly options.) with delicate seams that are barely seen and stylize your calves and make you look like you have kilometric legs? Well you’ve missed of something close to ecstasy.
Well, this time I will talk about summer footwear, sandals, flat, with heels, aggressive, platforms, avant garde and modositas too.
I would own all the ones in this compilation that I bring to you today, the Givenchy to wear with a black dress to the knee Hepburn type, or with a pair of white shorts and a tank top … The Chloé with a maxi gauzy silk skirt, the divine sweet little Phillip Lim almost everything and the Indians of Surface to Air with jeans or a cute pleated miniskirt.
Here I give you, Be inspired, dare and Get out of the mold, for that use those Demulemeester, (one of my favorite designers), that will give a touch contemporary yet sexy with gladiator sandals, to be worn with slacks and sheer at the ankles, and preferably black jersey asymmetrical those that are so interesting.
There is something for all tastes and budgets, no excuses!
This entry is a collaboration of:
Studied Graphic Design in Valencia, Venezuela and Buenos Aires, Argentina, Photography, Script Writing and Film Critique in Buenos AIres, Argentina. Worked in Buenos Aires, Houston, Miami and NYC.
One of her first tantrums, aged 5, was about wearing a flower dress or an velvet longer dress with patent leather boots, she wanted the boot combination, her mom, the flower dress…