The treadmill is a machine with which you'll run into at any gym thanks to the benefits it gives us such as, burning calories, cardiovascular and toning value, it helps to relieve stress and helps you sleep better.
But even though it seems to be something simple, here are 5 mistakes we make on the treadmill without even realizing it.
5 Mistakes that we make on the treadmill
- Running close to the front. I understand that it can be scary being very close to the back and you feel that at any moment you might fall, but getting too close to the handles may affect your step.
- Not finding your step. This should change with the speed and incline for maximum efficiency. Be careful not to overdo running.
- Move your arms in front of you. Avoid balancing your arms from side to side, keep your legs parallel to the arms for better performance.
- Practicing poor posture. When you are running in the same place for a long time, it is likely to miss the initial position. Always keep the same posture, avoid sitting on your hips when you feel fatigued.
- Landing on your heels. The first landing of the heels is fine for slow speeds such as jogging or walking, but faster speeds require you step with the front foot so that there is less impact.