I love all the dishes that have pumpkin in them. Today I wanted to innovate and bring you a savory dish without any spice that is normally associated with pumpkin: a chili of quinoa and pumpkin.
So, what's so delicious about this quinoa and pumpkin chili? Mmm… well, everything! It's vegetarian, gluten-free and super healthy. Pumpkin is rich in antioxidants, black beans are good for your digestive tract, chickpeas are high in fiber and quinoa is an excellent source of protein (substitutes the meat in the chili)
Like most chillies, this recipe is fairly easy to do and you can last up to a week in the refrigerator.
This recipe gets better the next day, and will last 1.5 weeks in the refrigerator. Enjoy this delicious recipe for quinoa and pumpkin chili!
Quinoa and pumpkin chili recipe
- 1 cup of quinoa, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups of canned tomatoes
- 2 cup pumpkin puree (tin or homemade)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 can (15 oz, 425g) of black beans, drained
- 1 can of chickpeas (15 oz), drained
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ and ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 Chopped green onions (scallions)
- Cook the quinoa. 1 cup of uncooked quinoa 2 cups of quinoa produces kitchen.
- In a large saucepan cook the onion and garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes over medium heat until onion is soft.
- Add squash, tomatoes, water, beans, chickpeas and quinoa. Add cumin, chili powder and salt. Mix well and season with more salt if necessary.
- Bring the mixture to a boil making sure to stir all ingredients to combine flavors and spices. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls, garnished with sour taste, grated cheese and chives cream.