This year have a different Christmas dinner. Leave aside the ham, turkey and roast chicken. ry a healthier option! With less fat, calories and completely vegan. It's time to try cauliflower! Yummy, I know you'll love it.
This is the perfect choice for guests you have special diets, vegetarians and vegans. What is it about? As a roasted cauliflower that will leave you wanting more and more. Today I leave this rich recipe that you prepare at home.
Roasted cauliflower for a vegan Christmas
- 1 large cauliflower (about 1 kg)
- Lemon juice and zest
- 4 tablespoons of dry sherry
- 1 x 400g tin of plum tomatoes
- 40g of flaked almonds
- ½ handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C / 350 ° F / Gas 4.
- Peel the garlic in a mortar and add the paprika and half the thyme until a rough paste. Then mix with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
- Squeeze the lemon and grate in a separate container.
- Cut the outer leaves of cauliflower. Cut the stem until the cauliflower can be standing, and make a cross in the base of the waist. Rub the garlic paste, paprika and olive oil and place in a medium saucepan. Sprinkle with sherry and lemon juice placed on top.
- Cover and cook in a hot oven about an hour and 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender. Remove the lid for about 20 minutes.
- In the same pan pour the tomatoes, sprinkle the lemon zest and place the remaining thyme. Put 10 minutes more in the oven until the cauliflower is golden.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet cook the almonds for 2 or 3 minutes until golden brown. Let cool and when ready all decorated with almonds and parsley.