LEER EN ESPAÑOL
Pistachios are delicious. Their flavor and beautiful color makes them perfect for any recipe. Before telling you the recipe for the dessert, I would like to tell you that an ounce of it contains 3grs of fiber and it is an excellent source of manganese, vitamin B6, thiamine, phosphates, healthy fat, and vegetable protein. Research has proved that lutein and antioxidants contained by the pistachios help protect you from cholesterol.
A small portion of 30 grams are approximately 160 calories, which makes it a very healthy snack. For all these days of rest, I recommend you try combining tropical fruits with coconut milk and pistachios.
This is a recipe for 4 people:
- 16 slices of your favorite tropical fruit: pineapple, mango, papaya
- 4 spoons of coconut milk
- 4 spoons of cut and peeled pistachios
To make it: put the fruit in a plate, add the coconut milk and finally the pistachios. Now you can enjoy without remorse!
LEER EN ESPAÑOL
A cough occurs for various reasons, it can be a respiratory infection such as bronchitis or pneumonia, an allergic reaction or viral infection such as influenza.
Cough is a very common discomfort especially when seasons change. If you want to remedy the symptoms of cough, try this pineapple syrup remedy you can do at home with inexpensive ingredients.
Did you know…
Pineapple is a powerful ingredient that fights the cough better than any of the remedies manufactured by large pharmaceutical companies, because it has the ability to reduce the mucus five times faster.
This delicious fruit is effective when appeasing cough, cause of an enzyme it contains called bromeliad, which has potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce throat irritation, relieving symptoms of coughing.
In addition, pineapple contains high amounts of vitamin C, vitamin A and minerals such as potassium, which help stimulate and strengthen the immune system, causing the body to better fight off viral infections such as influenza.
Have you ever ever heard of pineapple syrup?
Pineapple syrup to get rid of a cough naturally
Ingredients to prepare pineapple syrup:
- 1 ½ cups of fresh organic pineapple
- ¼ cup of fresh organic lemon juice
- 1 Thumb of fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
Preparation: Blend all ingredients and take ¼ cup 2 to 3 times daily until there is no cough.
The next time you cough try this pineapple syrup and tell me how it works for you. Don't forget to share!
LEER EN ESPAÑOL
Appetite (from Lat. Appetitus). Instinctive impulse that leads to satisfying the wants or needs.
Appetite is the desire to eat food, felt as hunger. Appetite exists in all higher life forms, and serves to regulate adequate energy intake to maintain matabólicas needs. Is regulated by a close interaction betweenthe digestive tract, adipose tissue and brain. (wikipedia)
The definition can say whatever it wants but for me, appetite sometimes is a punishment. I know that from nutritionists’ point of view is a warning from our body is telling us that it needs food.
It is well known that food is engaging, foods you can't resist, like chocolate, candy, snacks, saturated fats or coffee. This is because their ingestion stimulates brain areas related to addiction and brain reward mechanisms. Hence, we succumb to its charms with greater devotion when we feel a bit down. Pero what happens when appetite becomes a torment and go after us at any time of day.
I'm not going to make a psychological analysis to the appetite we have, but we will find solutions to identify and decrease and food to help us fight this!
What is appetite and how to control it
- Pineapples from Pine Tree: Recent research has shown that fatty acids are present in this kinds of pines that initiate the release of a hormone that suppresses appetite and is called pancreozymin. To eat it you can sprinkle it on salads or mix them in a daily pesto.
- Hot Food: Make it clear that is warm to the touch and not spicy. According to research by the Research Foundation of the Smell and Taste in the U.S. city of Chicago, the aromas released by hot food make you feel full faster to affect your satiety centers in the brain.
- Green leaves: Iceberg Lettuce, spinach, romaine lettuce, cabbage and other leafy greens are almost all free of calories. And in most cases, have fewer calories than simply burned in digestion.
- Olive Oil: Researchers at Cornell University have discovered that during meals when we spread our breadwith olive oil instead of butter, ate less and ate about 52 fewer calories overall. Although not sure what it is, they believe that this oil has an ingredient that makes the meal more filling.
So there you have, feeling hungry is not bad, it's our body telling us it has need that has to be satisfied, but we need to educate ourselves to eat what's right at the right time as well.
LEER EN ESPAÑOL
I really love pineapples, their flavor, sweetness and of course a pineapple drink is one of the best things for weight loss.
Among its properties are:
- High diuretic and cleansing capacity of the intestines as it eliminates bacteria and parasites that may have.
- Great laxative capacity because of the amount of fiber it contains.
- Lowers cholesterol
- Good against anemia for its folic acid.
- It's detoxifying
Pineapple drink ingredientes
Pineapple, mint leaves, ice and water. If you like you can add bubbles sparkling water.
READ IN ENGLISH
A mi me encanta la piña, su sabor, su dulzura y por supuesto tomar una bebida de piña es lo máximo para perder peso.
Esta bebida de piña es fácil de hacer y lista para comenzar la semana.
Dentro de sus propiedades cuentan:
- Alta capacidad diurética y depurativa pues elimina de los intestinos las bacterias y parásitos que pudiera tener.
- Gran capacidad laxante por la fibra que contiene.
- Reduce el colesterol
- Buena contra la anemia por su ácido fólico.
- Es depuradora
Ingredientes para la bebida de piña:
Piña, Hojas de Menta, Hielo y Agua. Si te gustan las burbujas puedes agregarle agua con gas.