Let's Celebrate the Mexican holiday of 5 de mayo with a delicious and completely healthy recipe! Who doesn't like Mexican food for any occasion, especially if vegetarian diets meets or low calorie diets.
Burritos are a kind of Mexican “sandwich” where a delicious stuffing is wrapped with a warm, soft but semi crispy tortilla, in the style of a wrap. And I love them! Of all Mexican food, burritos represent good country food for its variety of ingredients..
Vegetarian burritos to celebrate 5 de Mayo
You may also like: Let's make Margaritas light to celebrate 5 de mayo!
Let's start with this delicious recipe for vegetarian burritos!
- 1/2 cup of spicy enchilada sauce (you can buy it organic in any supermarket)
- 14.5 ounces of unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 ounces of fat-free refried beans
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 cups of diced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground red pepper
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8.8 ounces of pre-cooked brown rice
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas wheat
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (fat)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup of pico de gallo (onion, tomato and parsley)
Preparation of the vegetarian burritos
- Preheat oven to 250 ° C and placed a large heating tray.
- Prepare rice to your liking.
- In a saucepan place the soaked beans sauce and cook together for 4 minutes; Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet saute the zucchini with oregano, cumin, black pepper, red pepper and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Warm up the tortillas to your liking and start filling the burrito according to your preference. I recommend starting with refried beans as a base, so that the ingredients stick to the tortilla.
- Arrange the vegetarian Burritos in the pre-heated and bake for 4 minutes, turning after 2 minutes into Top with sour cream, pico de gallo and enjoy some delicious Burritos for 5 de mayo party tray!
I hope you love as much as I do these vegetarian burritos!