Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Director at Castle Hospital, was on a TV show where he explained the risks to health. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we shouldn’t be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers.

He also said he obtained the same results but without the dioxin. Instant foods that appear on television, or instant soups Maruchan ramen, etc.; Should be removed from plastic containers and heated in glass containers.

This especially applies to foods that contain fat. He said the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin that go-to food and ultimately they enter our body.

  1. Do not use plastic containers in the microwave.

  2. Do not place water bottles in the freezer.

  3. Do not use plastic wrap on containers in the microwave.

  • By heating the plastic in the microwave or put it in the freezer, dioxins are released.

  • Dioxin is a chemical that causes cancer, especially breast cancer.
  • Dioxin poison the cells of our body.
  • This information, in turn, has been circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

I recommend using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food.

Cover with plastic containers is also dangerous when placed over foods to be heated in the microwave. High temperatures cause dangerous toxins to melt from the plastic and fall into food. One trick, use paper napkins instead.