Being in the best physical condition will help pregnants to stay healthy during this period, thus increasing the chances of reaching an active and natural birth, followed by a rapid recovery.
In many primitive societies women lived in harmony with nature, using their bodies in a way that encouraged flexibility, strength and good health, naturally preparing themselves for birth and motherhood.
Yoga for preggers – Stay healthy and active
Today however we need to learn, how to use our body naturally and yoga can help us do.
You can do it too, if you’re thinking about getting pregnant, you can find a studio or classes near your house and start practicing.
Through the practice of yoga in pregnant we seek:
- Superficial and deep awareness of the body.
- Perception of bones, joints, muscles and skin.
- Stretching and strengthening muscles.
- Relieve tensions throughout the body and especially in the lower back.
- Centralize pelvis through exercises, trying to avoid lordosis increase.
- Awareness of spine and pelvis.
- Awareness bra abdominal muscles as posture and its role in childbirth.
So, now you know. Yoga for preggers is an excelente option to stay healthy and active during this wonderful stage of life. If you are pregnant give it a try and always make sure you ask a doctor before doing any physical activity.