The floral and bitter taste of the intense crimson water that comes out of the roselle is totally delightful and it stimulates the senses and the body. It is refreshing and replenishes your energy when drunk cold and relaxes you when drunk hot. Try this detox water!
Gastronomically, the uses of this plant are infinite; nevertheless today I want to tell you the benefits of drinking it: it improves digestion, reduces tension, is antioxidant, diuretic, depurative, and has minerals.
More benefits of this wonderful plant?
- Is rich in vitamin C, that keeps our immune system healthy.
- Is perfect to increase our defenses, better yet if we have a cold.
- Helps prevent cardiovascular diseases because its components regulate cholesterol and hypertension.
- Reduces lipids in the bloodstream (fat in blood vessels)
- Changes constipation and stimulates intestinal movement.
- Is perfect to naturally ease headaches, fever, hangover, or bellyache.
It is worth drinking it!
What is the right preparation?
Boil 4 cups of water, add ½ cup of flowers and a pinch of grated ginger – If you want it – Let it boil for a couple of minutes stirring constantly, tap it and let it rest for 10 minutes.
Put a strainer over a jar with 4 cups of cold water, squeeze a lemon and sweeten with sugar or honey.