I come from a family of Italian parents … and I can’t help it, I love pasta! Bolognese sauce is part of a typical Italian pasta dish, and today I’ll teach you here at chicanol.com how to make vegetarian. The original sauce, besides having beef, is high in fat; This option is presented as an idea a little more light to those who want to accompany their grain spaghetti.
Vegan Bolognese sauce. A recipe for your pasta
This recipe is with soy meat, which have to fry or rehydrate to acquire the texture you want for the sauce.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks without leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups of fine textured soy meat (purchased in health food stores)
- 1/3 cup white wine or rose
- 100 g of tomato extract
- 2 ½ cups crushed tomatoes (a large can, obviously)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 or 2 cups of water or vegetable broth
- (optional) fresh basil
Some people rehydrate the meat, or you can saute it to acquire taste. First saute all the vegetables with soy meat. When they are more or less cooked add tomato paste, white wine and olive oil cup. The cooking time of the sauce is 50 minutes / 1 hour covered pot. It should stir every 5-10 minutes without neglecting to prevent burning or sticking to the bottom.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: Approximately 1 hour
- Makes 10 servings (if spare, you can freeze it and use when need it)