Apple jam is a completely delicious thing. Accompanies our breakfasts, desserts, dinners … Anyway! It’s present in many of our meals. But the one we buy in the markets is mostly a sugar bomb that doesn’t do any good to anybody.
That’s why today I bring a recipe without sugar, and suitable for people suffering from diabetes.
Do you like jam? Try this lighter proposal without sugar.
Apple jam recipe for diabetics
- 10 Apples (don’t throw the seeds away)
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- Vanilla and lemon peel
- Peel the apples, remove the heart, chop and sprinkle them with lemon juice. Keep aside.
- Boil for 25 or 30 minutes peelings, hearts and | apple seeds in a saucepan with water to cover.
- Filter the juice and pour back into the pan, along with apples, fructose, vanilla bean and lemon peel.
- Boil slowly for 30 or 35 minutes. Shake the pan occasionally until apples are cooked through and translucent. Remove the vanilla and lemon peel.
- Pack in cans previously scalded.
- Cover and sterilize in a pot of boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow it to cool, dry and label with the words ‘Tolerated by diabetics’.
I know you love this apple jam that can be enjoyed by everyone in the family!