When I’m doing a play, I really have to make an effort to not drink water an hour before the opening night. Opening night is the most important night for us actors, at least for our egos. So, when it comes to water I drink 2 glasses and go to the restrooms five times to be able to function during the play.
Water is essential part of our everyday life, it keeps us hydrated and healthy…
Do you drink enough water?
We can’t kill thirst with juice or soda. There isn’t anything more refreshing than a glass of water to heal our body.
- Dry mouth: this is the most evident because you feel the urge to drink water. Water lubricates your mouth and throat which is a solution due to the lack of humidity in that zone.
- Dry eyes: this happens because of the lack of moisture in the eyes’ lacrimal. If your eyes are red, drink water.
- Dry skin or no sweat: skin’s elasticity is kept with natural hydration. When we are dehydrated our skin looks affected and dry. Sweating is healthy! If you don’t sweat it means your body doesn’t have water to expel toxins and thermoregulate itself. Solution? Drink water.
- Painful joints: our bodies are made of 80% water, having our joints hydrated helps us receive better the impacts. Keeping our joints moisturized is vital to maintaining them elastic.
- Muscle pain: this isn’t good. You don’t drink enough water and your muscles feel it! Drink more water before, during and after training. This reduces pain and inflammations related to exercise.
- You feel constantly tired: if you don’t drink enough water, the body hydrates itself with the water that is in our blood, which produces a lack of oxygen in your muscles causing tiredness.
- You feel constantly hungry: Body has tricked you! It isn’t hunger, is thirst. When you feel like eating your fridge, drink a glass of water and wait.
- You are premature aging: Your organs start failing due to the lack of water… Drink water to avoid growing old! You will keep your skin moisturized and without wrinkles, your organs happy and your youth for longer!
After having read this, surely you might think you don’t drink enough water… And you have to start! Why aren’t you drinking a glass of water right now?