Oregano is an herb that I have always in my kitchen. As good daughter of Italians, I use it for many recipes and try to include it in all that I can. I don't know if what gets me is its aroma, taste or all the benefits that cooking with oregano gives to my body's health.
Worldwide oregano is considered a functional and medical food for its nutritional, antioxidants and preventive properties on our health. I found very interesting the amount of benefits it gives us. Today I want to share with you some information about that cooking with oregano and how it helps us.
Benefits of cooking with oregano for your health
- This spice contains no cholesterol and is a rich source of dietary fiber (which regulates blood cholesterol)
- Contains essential oils as carvacrol, thymol, limonene and also its stem is antiseptic, antispasmodic, stimulant, diaphoretic and has tonic properties.
- Thymol is a natural antibacterial par excellence.
- It has many antioxidants and vitamins (carotenoids, lutein, zeaxanthin, cryptoxanthin and vitamin A) which protect against free radicals and reactive species involved in aging.
- It also contains minerals such as potassium, calcium, manganese, iron and magnesium. All on a single leave.
- It's an excellent source of vitamin C.
So now you know, cooking with oregano is not only good for your palate but also for your health. What's your favorite dish with oregano?LEER EN ESPAÑOL