Eating disorders are more and more often nowadays, because now people venerate physical perfection, thinness and fake ideals of beauty that are linked to have low weight. There are signs that deserve our attention, even more when they refer to our health.
Nowadays fashion goes beyond just clothing, there are trendy diets than make us suffer from more eating disorders without realizing it.
Obsession? It is one of the symptoms. Evidently sustancious weight loss, lack of appetite, and weird behaviors are part of an eating disorder. That is why one needs to pay close attention to the symptoms so we can ask for help o help somebody who is suffering from a disease like anorexia, orthorexia or bulimia.
10 signs that indicate that you are suffering an eating disorder
- Evident discomfort with your body: You would be obsessed in a negative way regarding your body, size and height. “I hate my body” “I’m fat” “I look horrible”
- Weird body hair behavior: It could happen that out of nowhere your hair starts to fall off due to the lack of vitamins, you could even grow hair in other parts of the body as a natural answer from the body towards the fat loss.
- Dry skin: most of all on people who have anorexia or bulimia due to malnutrition. If they use laxatives or they vomit to avoid getting fat, then they have the mound and the skin quite dehydrated and dry.
- You take meal everywhere: because you are afraid to try something cooked by someone else that might contain fat or carbohydrates.
- You avoid eating in front of people: food anxiety is something of which people with eating disorders are ashamed of, so they prefer not to eat in front of other people.
- You are usually cold: radical weight loss, malnutrition and the low percentage of fat in your body make you feel cold.
- You only eat certain type of “safe” food: which is a clear sign of ortorexia. People prefer quality and or quantity of food.
- You exercise in excess: Actually this is one of the main problems in the day. One things is working out for pleasure, and another is to work out because of feeling guilty of because it is necessary in the hierarchy of the daily activities. In fact it replaces other activities.
- Inflammation in the cheeks: one of the clearest bulimia symptoms or any other disorder that imply vomit inducement.
- Obsessive compulsive: they have rituals when eating, they get weighted more than once in a day even before and after each meal.