Eating a delicious, creamy soup or bisque without any dairy products is possible. That’s why today I want to get you a delicious recipe of the season to warm up and break the craving to cook with pumpkin: a delicious pumpkin and coconut bisque.
Let us use this #PumpkinMania
The star ingredient of this soup is of course the pumpkin, which contains vitamins and nutrients to the body. This recipe is vegan, lactose-free and perfect for people doing the Paleodiet, so we will use organic coconut milk sugar. Umm … It makes my mouth water by just thinking about the pumpkin and coconut.
Here’s the Pumpkin and coconut bisque recipe:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups of diced pumpkin
- 2 cups of low-salt vegetable
- 2 teaspoons of stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon of allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of lcoconut milk sugarless
- Salt and pepper
Click here for a recipe of Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add the onion and saute garlic. Fry for about 8 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, broth, stevia, pepper and dried red pepper until boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Saute until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Bring the soup to a blender until a smooth puree or cream. Return everything to the pot and place over low heat while placing coconut milk until desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls, and place a teaspoon of coconut milk over for a special design. To enjoy!