I walk every day for at least 30 minutes, and every time I check my walking app…BOOM! 10,000 steps just like that. It’s so important to have a really good sweat. It clears my head and makes my skin look good, and I feel better overall.
Walking is one of the best ways you can exercise. You can include walks in your schedule when losing weight, building stamina for sports, or just getting back into the swing of things for summer hiking. In order to add an extra workout while you walk, hand weights, also known as miniature dumbbells, may be used to increase your cardiovascular workout. Using just an extra pound or two can help you burn calories faster and gain more stamina.
For me, things like getting a new piece of workout clothing or gear can kick start my motivation.
And talking about motivation, I got The Let’s Be Well Healthy Heart Box to try and let me tell you something …WOW!
WHAT’S IN THE #LETSBEWELLBOX?
The Starter Box contains five lifestyle products, resources and information that meet people’s changing needs during their journey managing their heart health.
Eat Better – Cooking in color Cookbook
Life Is Why. Adding Color Is How. This cookbook is full of fun, heart-healthy recipes, with insight into the proven technique of cooking with color!
Relieve Stress – Lavender Eye Mask
Get deeper relaxation and into your meditation with the Gaiam Relax Restorative Eye Pillow. This soft and soothing satin-covered eye pillow has a lavender scented fill that provides natural calming aromatherapy to help relieve tension and stress. The ideal tool for relaxation, meditation, and yoga.
Be Active – Walking Weights
Add light resistance to your workout with these Walking Weights. The sand-filled weights come in a 2lb set that are soft and moldable for a secure hold.
General Heart Health Education – Let’s Be Well Content Booklet and Journal, Grocery Store Map
The Let’s Be Well journal brings two great benefits in one! There is comprehensive, yet easy-to-understand content, plus a thoughtfully designed daily journal. The book is designed using simple prompts to inspire you or offer you an idea of what to write about. The Grocery Store Map is your guide to navigating the grocery store, efficiently and effectively, with insights and tips to make healthier choices in every aisle.
The Let’s Be Well Healthy Heart Box will provide you with practical and simple tools to manage your heart health delivered directly to your doorstep.
Why Walking is the Most Popular Form of Exercise:
- For every hour of brisk walking, life expectancy for some people may increase by two hours.
- Research has shown that walking at a lively pace at least 150 minutes a week can help people:
- Think better, feel better and sleep better.
- Reduce your risk of serious diseases like heart disease, stroke, diabetes and several types of cancer.
- Improve your blood pressure, blood sugar and blood cholesterol levels.
- Increase your energy and stamina.
- Improve your mental and emotional well-being and reduce risk of depression.
- Improve memory and reduce your risk of dementia.
- Boost bone strength and reduce your risk of osteoporosis.
- Prevent weight gain.
- If 150 minutes sounds like a lot, remember that even short activity sessions can be added up over the week to reach this goal. And it’s easy to fit in a few minutes of walking several times a day.