Tag Archives: women care
Wash Your Hair With a Color-Preserving Shampoo and Conditioner
Make sure to only wash your hair with a color-preserving shampoo and conditioner. If you use regular shampoos and conditioners, your highlights may fade.
Protect Your Highlights From the Sun
Too much sun exposure can have a negative effect on your highlights. It can cause them to fade and can even make them look brassy. That is why you must protect your hair from the sun by wearing a hat or scarf if you plan on being outside for a long period of time.
Give Your Hair a Deep Conditioning Treatment
Since bleach was used to give you highlights, your hair may feel a little dry afterwards. You can restore the moisture in your hair by giving it a deep conditioning treatment once a week. If you do not want to spend money on an expensive deep conditioner, warm up 1/4 cup of olive oil in the microwave and apply it to your hair. Let it sit in your hair for 30 minutes before rinsing it out with shampoo.
Get Regular Touch-ups
If you want to keep your highlights looking fresh, you will have to get touch-ups every three months or so at the salon. This can get pretty pricey, so make sure it is in your budget to get regular touch-ups before you highlight your hair.
10 Tips To Take Care Of Your Vision
Unfortunately there are things that will change with age. Your vision is one of them.
What can you do to deal with vision loss? How do you protect your vision? Here are 10 useful tips that will for sure help you:
How To Properly Clean Your Hair Brush
This might seem pretty obvious to some people, but you’d be surprised at how many lovely ladies don’t clean out their hair brushes. Too often I walk into a friend’s bathroom, see a brush full of hair and I can’t help myself, so I clean it out.
Propiedades del Aceite de Aguacate
Feliz fin de semana a todos!
Yes, I know, women don’t like to talk much about our Vagina. Just mention it sometimes makes us blush and we make funny faces, some of us laugh at that word. We were born with her but sometimes we do not know how to take care of her.
I know Americans are more used to mention it by her name, we, Latinas have a lot of names for her.
I think we’ve been unfair with her, man are so proud of their penis and talk about him every time they can, but that’s another subject for another blog!
- After going to the bathroom, always clean the area from front to back, otherwise you are in risk of getting germs that cause infection.
- In daily genital cleaning it’s not suitable using to much soap, because you can irritate the tissues of the vulva.
- Perfectly dry your genital area after bathing, swimming or urinating, and use cotton underwear to keep you dry at all.
- Do not wear underwear or pants too tight.
- During menstruation wash with water and a mild soap several times a day.
- After sex do not wash, it is sufficient to urinate to dispose bacterias.
- You should take vaginal showers or use deodorant, they destroy the vaginal flora, increasing the risk of infection.
- Avoid ingesting antibiotics as much as possible, because they damage the vaginal flora, allowing fungi to multiply.
- If you’re suffering the discomfort of a vaginal infection and missing several days for your gynecological appointment, you can reduce symptoms by taking yoghurt, it contains lactobacillus which slow the growth of fungi.
- If you feel any unusual discharge, you should consult your gynecologist immediately. It is essential that you practice the annual Pap test, or you are not sexually active, because this test allows early detection of abnormal cells in the cervix.
Now, let’s focus on some plants that will help:
- Árnica Applied topically as a cream. You can also use Arnica tincture diluted in water and do some washes with it.
- Caléndula: For temporary relief of vaginal dryness due to menopause or post-menopause.
- Garlic: a great antibiotic, you should always eat it. Use garlic as a suppository. Peel a garlic clove, wrap it in sterile gauze, lubricate it with vegetable oil and insert it into the vagina. Leave a piece of the gauze sticking out so you can locate it easily. Change the suppository every 12 hours. Garlic has powerful anti-fungal properties.
- Equinacea: oral/injectable Echinacea for vaginal Candida.
- Hammamelis: Dull, aching, ovarian pain is relieved by hamamelis.
- Vinegar: Bathe with vinegar to relieve symptoms. Fill the tub about hip deep with warm water and add 1/2 c. vinegar. Soak with legs apart until water cools.
- Aloe Vera: Apply pure aloe vera gel to relieve itching.