There's no way you won't love this salad, is exquisite, vegetarian and has everything you need to feed. A rather strange combination that looks good!
Lentil salad and orzo pasta recipe
- 1 cup of lentils cooked al dente and dry.
- 1 cup of orzo pasta
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 carrot cut into thin strips
- ½ small onion, diced
- ½ cup of chopped parsley leaves
- ½ cup of feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts or pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
Prepare the vinaigrette with vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, pepper and salt, cover tightly,while you let the lentils rest for 30 minutes and pasta is cooked and dry.
Combine all vegetables in a bowl, add the lentils and pasta, integrates the vinaigrette and finally that grated cheese feta. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve.