Linseed milk is an excellent way to supplement the cow’s milk to test it on different recipes. It’s a tasty and easy to prepare drink, cuy assimilates a little taste of the nut. Today I share the recipe for you to use alone or in smoothies.
For people who are lactose intolerant and celiac (gluten intolerant) this is a good choice to drink milk, getting the same great benefits and properties: it is rich in Omega 3 helps reduce cholesterol levels, reduces inflammation, reduces anxiety, it controls menopause and strengthens the immune system.
How to prepare linseed milk at home
You may also be interested in: Make coconut milk
You should know that despite its vitamin content, is a low-protein milk compared to cow’s milk or soy. So if you’re going to include this milk to your diet, be sure to eat other foods that contain protein and nutrients missing.
To prepare linseed milk follow these steps:
- 2 tablespoons of whole linseed
- 1 1/2 cups of plain water
- 1/2 teaspoon of natural vanilla extract
- Sweetener to taste (optional)
- Soak the linseed in 1 cup water for 6 to 8 hours, so it will be easier to obtain its nutrients.
- Blend the soaked linseed with half a cup of extra water, vanilla extract, sweetener of your choice (stevia or honey)
- If you want a light texture, pass the liquid through a sieve. If you prefer the crumbly texture get much more fiber.