Strawberries are not only delicious and striking by their bright red color, they’re a food with numerous health benefits, besides being an excellent detoxifier.
That’s why today we crowned them as the fruit of the week.
To understand why this little red berry is our favorite this week, I made a small list of all the benefits and enhancing capabilities for our overall health. Here they are:
10 Benefits of eating strawberries
- They are low in calories: One cup contains 43 calories, fiber and helps regulate the digestive processes and anxiety.
- They are full of vitamins: vitamin C, B, B6, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and folic acid.
- Have manganese: This mineral acts as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. A cup of strawberries has 21gr of manganese.
- They’re detox little snacks: have phenols, which gives them their color and their qualities as natural antioxidant in our cells.
- Strawberries are a source of vitamin C: its antioxidant power increases with the amount of vitamia C that contain, thereby enhancing our immune system.
- They are a natural anti-inflammatory: its nutrients fight the inflammation in the body by inhibiting the cyclooxygenase enxima (just like aspirin and ibuprofen)
- Protect your bones: because they are high in magnesium, potassium and vitamin K, eating strawberries helps boost bone health.
- Benefits your eye health: strawberries improve eye health decreasing muscle degeneration.
- They are a natural anti-aging formula: They contain ellagic acid which enhances skin elasticity, holding back wrinkles.
- They help you lose weight: have low calorie, high nitrate content. Include them in your diet to lose weight! Reduce appetite, promote circulation and are delicious.