Fall is my favorite season… leaves fall, colors changes and the weather is chilly without getting too cold. Besides, every girl knows that autumn is Pumpkin Spice Latte season! Yummy!
I don’t know if it’s because the temperature starts to drop … or because this coffee is simply delicious. This recipe has no animal milk, so it is perfect for anyone who is lactose intolerant.
If you want to try this delicious drink without the worries of spending over 5 dollars for a sugary treat. Try this natural recipe instead:
Natural Pumpkin Spice Latte
- ⅓ cup of coconut milk
- 1½ teaspoons of pumpkin spice (You can do this at home with cinnamon, ground ginger, red pepper, cloves and nutmeg)
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2-4 drops of stevia
- ¼ cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup (8.5 ounces) of hot espresso
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Add the coconut milk, spices, vanilla extract and stevia in a saucepan. Take it to a boil over medium heat, then lower to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the brewed with the other ingredients in a blender coffee. Add the hot milk with spices and mix for another minute. Heat over low heat back into the pan and ready.
Note: If you’re in a hurry you can mix all the ingredients in a blender at high speed and then heat for a minute at high temperature. Place a pinch of cinnamon and tadá!
Protip: Try it cold too!