CrossFit workouts are based on functional movements. These movements reflect the best aspects of gymnastics, weightlifting, running, rowing and more.
WOW! When I tell you WOW is because I’ve tried it… and it’s definitely not for everyone.
So you think you can do it? Let’s discover together if crossfit is the best workout for you.
Where can you work out?
The Box (Crossfit gym). It’s called a box because more often than not, they are located in a warehouse kind of space.
Instead of seeing the machines you see in a typical gym, you’re more likely to see stacks of weights, barbells, pull-up bars… and you need lots of open space.
What do we do?
- Skill/Strenth Session= We work on a specific skill or lift. Technique is reviewed ain order to increase weight and get stronger.
- WOD = Workout of the day. The “competitive” part of the session where you race the clock!
Christian Fox, an instructor at Brooklyn, explains the techniques involved in crossfit and how this strength and conditioning workout has crossed over into the mainstream.
Check out the video below:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Hot yoga: sweating is good!
- Keep yourself active without going to the gym
- 15 things your body will thank you for