2 tbsp. Chicken broth
1/4 cup Chopped onion
1 Small clove garlic minced
1/4 cup Chopped bell pepper
2 Chili peppers, minced
3 Plum tomatoes, chopped
Vegetable cooking spray
8 Flour tortillas
1 cup Reduced fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups Cooked chicken
Garnish: salsa and fat-free sour cream
1. In a medium heavy skillet saute the onions, garlic, and peppers in the 2 tablespoons chicken broth until soft.
2. Add the chile peppers and tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes more until the liquid has evaporated.
3. Add the chicken and stir well to combine.
4. Make the quesadillas in your electric sandwich grill, that way you won’t need oil .
5. Place a tortilla in the grill and sprinkle with 1/8 cup cheese.
6. Add about a quarter of the chicken mixture and top with another 1/8 cup cheese.
7. Cover with another tortilla and cook for 2-3 minutes or until brown.
8. Flip the quesadilla over and cook for an additional two minutes.
9. Remove from the grill and cut into wedges.
10. Keep warm while frying the remaining quesadillas.
11. Serve with salsa.