Have you heard about a new drink called Switchel? This hipster drink comes here to stay, and beyond its strange and delicious taste, its incredible energy and anti-inflammatory properties impress us. Make sure you try it!
Currently this new drink is ringing in the markets, capable delicious taste similar to lemonade, but they are numerous health benefits that made it popular. The Switchel is really a century-old drink that took fame in recent years and is poised to become the next Kombucha. Stay one step ahead of others and begins to test the switchel today!
It is said that this new drink called switchel comes from the West Indies, others agree that it is a derivative of oxymel, an ancient Greek medicinal elixir; but the real switchel born in the 18th century, when American farmers took it to cool off the heat and keep hydrated.
Have you heard about Switchel? Here are all the benefits of this new drink
What are its fabulous benefits?
- It’s a natural anti-inflammatory: its main ingredient is ginger, which helps reduce inflammation naturally. It also helps reduce pain, so it works as a good painkiller.
- Increases your electrolytes which are chemical nutrients that perform specific functions in your body, and regulate your heartbeat, or put your muscles moving. After exercising, this new drink will give you strength to your body producing more electrolytes. This drink contains a lot of potassium, which also makes a natural energy drink.
- You can enjoy the benefits of apple cider vinegar: and healing compounds. Apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural remedies, balancing your pH levels, liver and kidneys.
- It has a natural sweetness: for maple syrup, which regulate the levels of sugar in your blood is used, in addition to antioxidants and natural minerals.
Recipe for Switchel
Don’t panic! this new drink is brilliantly easy to prepare at home. Here’s how to:
- 4 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger; you can also add additional slices
- 4 cups of water or sparkling water
- Combine all ingredients in a large jar with a lid.
- Stir to combine.
- Add ice or refrigerate for 12 hours
- Shake well before serving.